The Besigheim dam is located at the lower end of an approximately 0.6 km long lock canal on the Neckar and consists of a double lock on the right bank. The associated 3-field weir and the power station are located in the Altneckar at Neckar km 136.6. As the upper gate also serves as a flood gate, only an extension to Unterwasser is possible.
The service bridge over the lower head must be demolished and replaced for this purpose. From a nautical point of view, the left lock chamber could be extended. The wall concrete of the left lock chamber has not been overhauled since it was built in 1955 and now needs to be refurbished. The lock gates were last refurbished in 1992, while the gate drives and electrical engineering date back to the construction period. The drive and control technology in particular is to be renewed in the course of the lock chamber extension. The right lock chamber is identical in construction to the left lock chamber. Before it is extended, the right lock chamber is to be repaired in the same way as the left lock chamber.
Client: Wasserstraßen-Neubauamt Heidelberg
Processing period: 2010 – ongoing
Year of construction : 1952 - 1955
Lifting height: 6.30 m
Basic repair and extension of the Besigheim lock
Hydraulic steel construction/mechanical engineering